Somerset is a county located in the southwest of England, it provides a mix of historical and natural wonders. Whether you’re exploring the picturesque countryside, immersing yourself in history, enjoying coastal walks, or savouring local delicacies. Here are five top places to visit in Somerset:
- Bath: Known for its Roman baths, Bath is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is a beautiful place to live. Visit the Roman Baths to explore their historic significance. Admire the grandeur of Bath Abbey. Take a leisurely walk through the Royal Crescent and the Circus to appreciate their Georgian architecture.
- Cheddar Gorge and Caves: This natural wonder is a dramatic limestone gorge with towering cliffs and fascinating cave formations. Take a walk along the gorge. Visit the enchanting caves. Witness the stunning panoramic views from the top.
- Glastonbury: Famous for its annual music festival, Glastonbury is a town steeped in myth and legend. Visit Glastonbury Tor and explore its mystical beauty. Discover the ruins of Glastonbury Abbey. Enjoy the unique shops and cafes in the town centre. All of these make Glastonbury a perfect place to live.
- Wells is the smallest city in England. It is a charming destination, renowned for its Wells Cathedral. This cathedral is renowned for its stunning architecture and beautiful stained glass windows. Explore the medieval Bishop’s Palace and stroll through the quaint streets of this historic city.
- Exmoor National Park: Although part of Exmoor lies in Devon, a significant portion falls within Somerset. This national park offers breathtaking landscapes, including wild moorlands, wooded valleys, and a stunning coastline. Enjoy hiking or cycling through the park, spot wildlife such as wild ponies and deer, and take in the panoramic views.
Somerset is a beautiful place to call home. Transform your garden, patio, or terrace into a luxurious garden space. This will create a seamless blend of the outdoors and indoors.
Is WRP Garden Rooms near me? We install composite garden buildings across the whole of Somerset including Bath, Glastonbury and Wells. Insulated Garden Rooms and Verandas are also available across Hampshire, Devon and Dorset.