Devon, located in the southwest of England, is a county known for its stunning coastlines, picturesque countryside, and rich cultural heritage. It offers a variety of attractions and activities. This makes it a popular destination for visitors and a beloved home for locals. Here’s an overview of what Devon has to offer:
- Beautiful Coastlines: Devon is renowned for its breathtaking coastline, with two stunning national parks: Dartmoor and Exmoor. The North Devon Coast is renowned for its dramatic cliffs and quaint villages, such as Clovelly. The South Devon Coast is home to charming towns like Salcombe and the English Riviera. It boasts sandy beaches and vibrant harbours.
- Dartmoor National Park: Covering a vast area of moorland, Dartmoor is a rugged and wild landscape with granite tors, ancient archaeological sites, and an abundance of outdoor activities such as hiking, cycling, and horseback riding. It is also home to the famous Dartmoor ponies.
- Exmoor National Park: Known for its sweeping moorland, wooded valleys, and scenic coastal cliffs, Exmoor offers a tranquil escape for nature lovers. It is a designated Dark Sky Reserve, making it ideal for stargazing, and visitors can also explore picturesque villages like Lynton and Lynmouth.
- Historic Cities: Devon is home to several historic cities. Exeter, the county capital, boasts a magnificent cathedral, Roman ruins, and a vibrant shopping and dining scene. Plymouth, known for its maritime history, features the historic Barbican district and the National Marine Aquarium.
- Seaside Towns: Along the Devon coast, you’ll find charming seaside towns that capture the essence of a traditional English coastal experience. From the surfing hub of Bideford and the quaint fishing village of Appledore to the Victorian charm of Sidmouth, there is somewhere for everyone.
- Outdoor Activities: Devon offers a wide range of outdoor activities, including water sports like surfing, sailing, and kayaking. The county’s rivers and estuaries, such as the River Exe and River Dart, provide opportunities for boating and fishing. Additionally, Devon’s rolling countryside is perfect for hiking, cycling, and exploring nature reserves.
- Culinary Delights: Devon is known for its excellent local produce, including delicious cream teas, Devonshire clotted cream, and freshly caught seafood. You can sample these delights with purchases from local markets and in traditional tearooms, and award-winning restaurants throughout the county.
- Gardens and Estates: Devon boasts several impressive gardens and stately homes, such as RHS Garden Rosemoor, the historic Buckland Abbey, and the stunning Castle Drogo. These locations offer beautiful landscapes, fascinating history, and cultural experiences.
Devon offers a captivating mix of natural beauty, cultural heritage, and outdoor adventures. Devon offers a fulfilling lifestyle for residents and unique experience for visitors. It is the perfect place to call home and install your Garden Room or Veranda.
Is WRP Garden Rooms near me? We install across the whole of Devon, including Exeter, Plymouth, Torquay and Salcombe. As well as Hampshire and Dorset.